Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day Sixteen - I listen to my followers...

Hey Guys

Now, last post I asked for some ideas of what I could talk about. Only one person replied - who happens to be my blog challenger Marci - and she asked that I talked about a really, well, self-centered subject. Herself.

Marci is a very good South African friend of mine, one of three S'africans studying at Bishops. I think we get along because we're very similar. Namely, we both do as little study as possible. She's one of only a few other exchange students (*cough* Ben) who struggle to find the motivation to study hard, and so its always something we laugh at each other about when all of a sudden we start stressing in the day leading up to an exam. But no, we do get along well for more than this reason, and it'll be a shame when she and all the other great friends I have made here leave, to be replaced by 45 new exchange students.

*Now we warp from this to the real blog post for today - don't forget, if you have content to suggest, or want me to talk about you (not really), just tell me!*

Well today, I did something very exciting, and have much more planned for after I finish this blog (note that I've typed this at 5.45pm, like 7hours before usual :P). I went for a run with Anton this morning, and covered 13km going halfway to North Hatley and back. Anton, being super fit for an old bloke, did an extra 2km, and still caught up in like 15minutes... But yeah, while I didn't manage to run (make that slow jog) the whole way, I was proud of myself.

I went straight to the indoor pool at the gym afterwards, which was a nice way of calming down, before going into full detox mode with a shower and sauna treatment :D While I've been relatively lazy since then, tonight there is a party in my residence, where we'll play some pool and foosball (table soccer), then head to Sherbrooke for some proper clubbing :) And thats why I'm typing this now.

Oh, and before that, the Olympic flame for the 2010 Canadian Winter Olympics is passing through our tiny town of Lennoxville!!! It comes at around 6.30pm, so it'll be very exciting to see :D Photos tomorrow hopefully!

I'm glad that this is a more decent blog post than yesterday. Hope you are all well.

Bonsoir!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's not that I have trouble finding the motivation to study- it's just that it is so easy over here that I do not have to.

    Back home I study quite hard, since law is one of the few degrees that challenges my ridiculously impressive intellect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I have a suggestion for a topic- me. Give the crowd what they want, Jono

    ReplyDelete