Friday, December 4, 2009

Day Fourteen - Rain, rain, go away...

Another quick post. I'm very sorry, but I've had a couple of late nights out, trying to make the most of the last few days I have with all these friends I have made, many of whom are leaving after final exams. In turn I'm sacrificing sleep, and a little bit of length of the blog, but at least you are hearing from me regularly.

Nothing much happened today. I did indeed sleep in, not waking up until 1pm (expecting the same tomorrow). After breakfast I actually studied French, as I have a goal of doing at least one hour per day up until the 12th when the exam is. Then it was literally as dark as night by 4.15pm, I hung out with Jezza for a while, then had a great night out with an American friend - steak, chips, and a few drinks :)

But, as the post title describes, the day was let down by persistent damp conditions. And warmth. Will there ever be continuous snow and below zero temperatures? Its beginning to feel like it would be a rarity, rather than a given. And because there is next to no drainage on campus, the roads and footpaths are quite flooded. Much prefer it to be covered in snow. Still waiting patiently, but apparently Jay Peak will be opening this Saturday! Albeit with only an estimated two chairlifts running, and 2-4 slopes... but its a start.

At least it'll be a white Christmas for my family and I when we're in Whistler. They still have about a two metre base :D Speaking of my family, they are leaving for LA and San Francisco in just five nights time!!! I'm so excited for them - I know mum will do just fine on the plane flight - and I cant wait to see them when they come to Bishops campus on the 17th :D Will definitely be hugs all around...

Alright, time for bed. I promise I'll do some more interesting posts very soon, possibly including video. I want to make a video montage of all the trips I've done away, which I'm sure you would enjoy. I just have to find the effort to do it :P

Bonne nuit!

Jono

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jono, I have just caught up on all your blogs - great reading, I really enjoyed them, even the long ones! Please keep it up. We are off to see your Mum, Dad & Andrew this afternoon before they head off to see you. So happy you're having a great time. Love, Aunty Fiona.

    ReplyDelete