Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day Eight - It snows!

Hello Everyone!

I apologise sincerely for my recent absence. I had planned to have a special post up on Day 7 - a video, which as well as having me in it, would also include a 'show and tell' of my photos and videos from my trip to Toronto. I started doing that at like 12am that day, and by 3am my computer was struggling so much and the editing was more difficult than expected, so I didn't get to finish it, and I've put it off since. Also, I was actually stressed for the first time ever on Thursday - I have an exam on both Monday and Tuesday, and group presentations on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. So yeah, I've actually been studying....

So its 2am here as I type this, and its late because I just spent the last 2 or so hours on the phone to my grandparents - it was the first time i've spoken to them since I left, as they do not have a computer to follow what I've been up to! They were trying to hurry up the phone call, and were utterly amazed when I told them Skype only cost 3c/minute from the other side of the world :D

Oh, and here is some news for non-Bishops students: It started snowing this evening!!!! While its snowed on a few other occasions like over 2 weeks ago, it never settled.. tonight, we'll have between 5 and 10cm of the white stuff! While it doesn't sound like much, it is so exciting to know that Winter is finally here, and the campus looks so much more beautiful now. I've already been out in it (see photos), acting like an immature little Australian that hasn't seen snow before (hang on a minute, I am one of those).

(written on my 3rd floor bedroom window - its harder to do than it looks!)


(the gang at the Christmas tree in the university Quad)

(me with the tree! and yes, I am only wearing shorts and a jacket...)


(a crazy guy wearing only underpants :S)

(umbrellas have a new use!)

(let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!)

(yep, lying on the ground in shorts)

(Hallelujah! its snowing!!!)

Anyway, I'll be off for now, but expect a double post in the next few days when I've got on top of my university work. Hope you are all well!!!!!

Much love

Jono

No comments:

Post a Comment